10 top tips for a stress free holiday on a budget! By John Guinn
I don’t know about you but I love the idea of holidays away but dread the stress and time involved in trying to research it. From the travel arrangements, to the best package deals, to the facilities of the hotel, the best time of year to go, currency and insurance….the list goes on and on!
Well I recently found someone who can do all this for you! Not only is this good for you but it is also good for business too!
Taking a good amount of time away from the stresses of daily life gives you the break that you need to refresh your life and to be better equipped to handle whatever your boss, colleagues or customers give you. -
John Guinn from The Holiday Hut
For me this spells the most perfect solution to my holiday woes. Not only do I get round to taking the holiday but I also get someone to investigate and plan my whole trip for me! Who can’t love that?
John Guinn is a Holiday Researcher and runs his company, The Holiday Hut.
Instead of turning your dream trip into a chore let the Travel Researcher do all the work for you.
As a travel agent I have access to the latest deals and booking systems. Which I then cross reference with the latest Internet deals. So you won’t miss out on that bargain.
A normal travel agent won’t
- Tell you where you can get the trip for less
- Tell you where to get cheaper attraction tickets
- Show you how to …
The Travel Researcher will take away the stress of finding your ideal holiday or trip.
There are super exclusive resorts that offer the perfect stress relief break, but they do charge a premium. So how do you find a stress free holiday when working to a budget? Here are John’s top ten tips:
1. Use a travel researcher to do all the hard work in finding you the right holiday.
2. Luggage can cause your stress levels to rise as you manhandle it to the check in desk, then wait at the luggage carousel for it to (hopefully) come back to you at the other end. Use a company that will send your luggage away so that it’s waiting for you at your hotel, and will then send it back home for you.
3. Use a chauffeur to take you from your home to the airport. Or use a ‘Meet and Greet’ parking service. Then you don’t have to worry about parking your car, or finding it again. Also use an airport lounge to get away from most of the other travellers and their noise.
4. There a few days in the year when you should not travel. The first few days of any school holiday are chaotic. I tried it once to experience it. Never again. Try to fly outside school holidays if you can. If you can’t then stick to the middle range of dates.
5. Don’t forget to check school holiday dates for other countries. There’s no point in avoiding UK school children, if you end up surrounded by kids from another country. USA Spring Break means thousands of excited and drunk American teenagers/early twenties in resorts in Mexico and other Caribbean destinations. Here sleep is not an option.
6. Keep away from the main resorts and head out to small villages. Here the pace of life will be slower and there is less chance of staying near an all-night disco.
7. If you are worried about ‘foreign food’, then contact nearby restaurants a few weeks before you go. Explain that you have a special diet and ask if they can cater for it. Most do when given enough notice.
8. A weekend break can work wonders (if you leave the laptop and phone behind) so just head off to another location in the UK if you really can’t get away.
9. If you have to take your work phone with you, use an answering service to screen your calls. They can then leave you a message at your hotel or send you a text/email so you can call back when you are ready (and you won’t get calls in the middle of the night if you are quite a few time zones away).
10. Finally, just make sure that you get away!!
If you would like to know more about Johns independent service, be sure to drop him a line and have a chat with him. Who knows maybe John could research THE perfect fitness holiday for those of us who love activity or want a boot camp with style!
Big love, small tummies and a sun kissed glow!
Jill – The Fat Controller